Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Manifesto

The video was compressed to a prohibitively low resolution, so I've included a copy of the text below. It can also be seen on youtube.

-----------------------

Introduction to the Manifesto for Art of the Coming Age


We live in a world where the only aspect of our lives that cannot be outsourced is our time.

Skill can be outsourced. Our time is a finite resource.

For this reason, manual skill is no longer a vital part of the artist’s tool box. Time is the most important material that artists posses.

Creation is no longer the primary goal of the artist, documentation and sensitivity towards time and its passage are of the utmost importance.

This is not a manifesto. This is a preamble. I, Celine Browning, as an artist of the Coming Age, can be found expressing this manifesto from 10-11 AM Eastern time every Thursday morning for the remainder of my natural life.

Art is Life. My manifesto lives as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment